Typography October

by - 12:03

So we have come to that point on my blog where a month has passed and it is time to show you some of the pieces of typography that I have drawn for you guys. I decided to base this month’s theme on slab serifs.


This piece I used a Paper Mate black flair pen and a Pigma Micron 04 nib. I have always seen Micron pens on Pinterest and just had to have one so this is the first post where I used this pen and I loved the smoothness of it. It is was a lot better to use the 04 for the outline of the letters and then I filled it in with the Paper Mate flair pen. This was initially curved but I decided to straighten this one out.


This piece I used the same pen, which was the Paper Mate black flair pen and the Pigma Micron 04 nib. I loved the flair on the r in this one a lot, it was a little tricky with the capital S with this one. A little bit more practice and I reckon it will look a lot better. I just used the same process with the other piece as well.


This piece I used the same pen again as well, used for both outlining and filling out. I tried found this piece on Pinterest and it was quite small so I really large scaled it when I drew it. I loved the use of the flair on the N and the R. That is what really drew me to this one. I was really happy with how this one turned out and want to draw more interesting ones like this one.


The last piece was used with the same pen for the outlining and filling out. This one was super chunky and a little different from the rest but was really tricky to do, I sort of screwed up the R at the end I reckon with a bit more practice I could do alright. I am aware it looks kind of wonky but I like it that way.


Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post, you will see these types of posts at the end of the month. The pens I used for this post are shown above in case you wanted to get some for yourself. Here is my post from last month and let me know if you liked it and what I should do next month.

Love Akika xxxx


You May Also Like

0 comments