Sketch Afternoon Tea Review

by - 10:32

So I turned 23 on Tuesday 14th October and I went for afternoon tea with my mum to a place called Sketch. She was recommended to go by a friend of hers. Sketch is just off Regent Street on Conduit Street. It is a short walk from Oxford Street and not far from London Charing Cross station. I really wanted to go for some sophisticated afternoon tea and, when my mum showed me this place online I was instantly intrigued. So here is my review of the place.



We decided to book a table for 15:00 as that is a perfect time for afternoon tea. As soon as you arrive at Sketch you enter the big archway hallway. Hop Sketch your way to the front of the place. Someone takes you to the tearoom and, whilst on your way to the tearoom you pass a rather interesting small room. It almost looks like a butterfly house that has blue floral wallpaper. You then arrive at the tearoom that is a very beautiful pink, soft lighting and comfy chairs everywhere. It was like being in a very beautiful retro ballroom. Once you settled down you could choose from three types of afternoon tea sets. We went for the Sketch Afternoon Tea, which consisted of the elegant tower of treats. You can see in the images below of how amazing it all looked. What I loved the most was the really awesome cutlery. It was all commissioned for the tearoom at Sketch; unfortunately you can not buy it anywhere. At the end of the sandwiches and treats came the scones. They were huge and so blooming yummy; you were given clotted cream, strawberry jam and fig jam. I decided to get a regular scone whilst my mum got a fruit scone. You could get your tea topped up all the time, which is simply perfect.




The whole experience was wonderful I really enjoyed it and to be honest the relaxed atmosphere was just bliss. I think it was 100% better then Fortnum and Mason. If you are looking for a place to take a friend on a birthday or just want somewhere to go for afternoon tea then I highly recommend this place. I really felt like I was in an episode of Doctor Who. I had the best time there and everyone is super friendly, you could order more from the tower of treats. I could have stayed there all afternoon and had more. We paid £39 for one person and to be honest you will not be disappointed at all, you can go just for cream tea, which is £10.50. I will leave a link to the menu here.

I did spot Rosie Fortescue with a friend at Sketch so it is a celeb spot, take a look at her Instagram posts here. Link 1 Link 2

I loved my time there and would go back and try out the bar. I really enjoyed writing this review and will be doing more reviews like this in the future. Let me know on Twitter if you liked this post.

Love Akika

xxxx

You May Also Like

0 comments