Photography App Review

by - 13:30

So I am back again reviewing some apps on my iPhone, I am dedicating November to photography on my blog. I am someone who spends a lot of time either for pleasure or work on my iPhone taking pictures and I love editing some of my images on my iPhone simply because it saves me a lot of time. 

So let me share with you some awesome photography apps that are out on the market.
I love using Instagram and I use it a lot for work and the first one I want to talk about is Photo Collage. It is one of the simplest photography apps out there and can come in handy when you want to post more than one image. The app is free and has a huge variety of collage types to choose from. You can choose from conventional shapes for your collages or you can go that little bit crazier with some odd shapes. So lets say I want to post three images you simply choose your favourite shape layout and then you get to add some images, which is the fun part. Once you have added all the three images, why not move them around a bit so you get the best crop you want. You might be thinking of editing the border a little, and not everyone likes a white border so why not change the colour of it or select from the choice of patterns. Maybe changing the colour of the border is not for you so why not add a colourful frame to the collage instead. Then once you are done with editing your collage tap on the share button and select the size of the image file you want. I really like the ease of the app and to be honest the fact you get so much variety for free makes me happy. I am sure there are paid collage apps but this does the job in the simplest way and If you are one who wants the simplest layout on an app then this is for you. Fuss free and you get a fantastic result all the time.


The next app I am going to talk about is called Afterlight which is £0.69 on the App Store. This app comes in handy when you want to edit your images. I know that Instagram can become rather boring with their filters so I sometimes use this app to add a better filter. The best thing is that there are more filters then Instagram. You can really make your images arty on this app and you can add a light leak filter by tapping on the film icon. Just like the other app you can choose from different frame types and they have a load of funky shapes. This app almost becomes a more convenient Photoshop tool; because maybe you took an image at night and it is so dark you can barely see anything, then sort out the brightness and even the contrast. Once you have decided on how your image is going to look then simply tap the done icon and then you can either go straight into Instagram or maybe you just want to save the image and keep it for yourself. I think for the price you pay you actually get a lot, and I do recommend this app if you are fussy with your images and find that you don’t have the time to edit images on your laptop.


The next app is for those who love to take photography and literally is caught taking pictures of practically everything. Fancy winning money for your snap if it gets featured? Then I reckon SnapWire is the app for you. Basically people post some requests for certain images and you can find out what exactly they want from you as a photographer. Once you upload your image to the app the person who made the request will review your image. Once a request is open you can see who has been nominated for the prize and see what standard they really are looking for. I am yet to post an image because sometimes the requests posted are not what I would like to do. There is currently a request for city living and that is something that sounds rather eye catching to me. The requests will constantly change so be patient and you may find one that really suits your photography style. I think this app is splendid for those who are maybe at University studying Photography and just want to be a little more adventurous with their photography and need new subjects to photograph. So I mentioned that you could be paid for taking the photos, well if your image could be chosen and the price always varies. So sometimes it can be $250 or $125 and I realise that the price is in dollars but they encourage people from all over the world to take images for them. The app is currently only available on the app store but it is free so seems more of a reason to get the app.


So that is a photography app blog post all done with, next week or so I will be uploading a new photography blog post. Follow me on Twitter to find out when I do upload it. Thank you so much for reading this blog post and see you on the next one.

Love Akika xxxx


You May Also Like

0 comments