Typography September

by - 11:01

So this is a start of a new kind of blog post on my blogger, I love to draw typography in my spare time. I think it is great practice for whenever I want to scamp up ideas for new projects when it comes to my advertising work. At the end of the month I am going to show you guys the typography work I have done. Each month will be very different and it is just a way for me to practice it a lot more and share with you guys what pen I used for it as well.


This piece I used a Paper Mate black flair pen and I use this for a lot of my typography pieces. I outline the pattern first and then fill it in with the same pen. I love this City typography just the flow of it is really pleasing to the eye. I tried it before doing it and was hard at first but soon got the positioning right.


This piece I used the same pen which was the Paper Mate black flair pen and I used it to make the outline and also to fill it out as well. I was drawn to draw this one because of the detail around the C and was quite interesting. I really like the way the line stops in front of the two ll’s and it really works well.


This piece I used the same pen again as well, used for both outlining and filling out. I tried practicing this typography and was really good fun to try out. I love the flow of the curls at the d at the end and it looks so pleasing at the eye as well. I ran out of space for the curl on the m.


The last piece was used with the same pen for the outlining and filling out. I love the simplicity of this typographic piece and how not much are going on but it just looks so nice to look at. Really pleased at how this turned out and even the curl at the t is so perfect and what I think is pretty is the loop in the f.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post, keep an eye out for these each month and let me know what kind of typography you would like to see on here as well on my Twitter.


Love Akika xxxx

You May Also Like

0 comments