How to be Inspired

by - 11:06

So I love to stay inspired by art and design, a lot of the time before I start working on a new project I look online for inspirational things to save. This blog post is designed to help you if you want to find out great ways to stay inspired online in regards to art and design. I have come across a lot of sites that can help you do so, so here are my favourite sites. This type of blog post is very new to my blogger so I hope you guys enjoy reading it.

Pinterest is a site, which I use for a lot of things to keep me inspired, to be honest I use it mainly for design and typography. If you are new to Pinterest, you will want to start a new board to keep things nice an organised for everything you would like to pin on your Pinterest. So as soon as you start a new board, search the term you would like the board to be about in the search bar. As soon as you find a great picture you like then click on the Pin icon on the top left of the image. I currently have 16 boards, and the great thing with Pinterest is that you can add as many pictures to the folder. I find this site a better alternative then downloading the images to your laptop, this site does not take up any space on your laptop. I like following a lot of relevant boards that I think contain good pins, this way when you open Pinterest and see your home feed you can easily pin things that you like. I have Google chrome as web browser and you can add on an extension that basically gives you option to pin any image you find on the internet, this can be good if you randomly find something you like. Pinterest is just one of the sites that I think is a great way to stay inspired, I sometimes go on it when I have a minute or two to spare, always a great boredom killer, why not just start a few more boards. Also why not pin on the move when you are in the car or even stuck on a busy train, download the app from the App Store and GooglePlay. I have the app and I find it really useful if I am with friends and want to show them something inspirational or cute.

Tumblr is a website where I spend far too much time procrastinating on, I don’t usually use it as a way to find inspiration, sometimes you come across things that are well drawn or look really good. I generally just reblog it or like it if I do see something I really like, you could start a Tumblr solely just for inspirational things. The only problem is that it can be hard to find things you liked or reblogged. If you want to look for things specific just like on Pinterest then search in the tags bar for something you want to reblog. Another way that may help is to follow some blogs that are specific to what you want to be inspired by. It can be a great way to see what other people like and you may never know you may find something that may really kick your dry spell of creativity. Procrastinate on the move as well; download the app from the App Store and Google Play. I love this app and it is really great for when I am bored or just stuck on a boring train ride home.

Designspiration is a fantastic website, and it mainly used for design related images. A lot of the things on this website are really well done and they do inspire me to make excellent work. I use Pinterest in conjunction with this site, the chrome extension I have comes in handy for me on this site in particular. Popular items appear on the home page of this website, and if you want to find something specific then click on the search button and type in what you would like to discover. Think of Designspiration as the more refined Google search for everything design related. I use this site if I have given up looking for something on Pinterest. I found it way back when I went to UNI and even was told to use it when I went to a work placement not long ago. I do not have an account with Designspiration but you can start one and it is run very similarly to Pinterest and can be easily organised. Overall I think this website is truly amazing and always a go to place for inspiration. Unfortunately this is just a website and not available as an app.

I hope these sites might help you and do not hesitate to let me know if it did work for you. Come and follow me on Pinterest and Tumblr by clicking on the links. Also all my social media sites are in the top bar of my blog so say hello to me there and I am happy to help with anything inspirational as well.

Love Akika

xxxx

You May Also Like

0 comments