YouTube Catch Up

by - 11:03

Hey guys, so it has been a while since I caught you guys up on what I have been doing on my YouTube channel, I thought I would tell you guys on what projects I have been working on and just what I maybe doing in the next couple of months. So lets get on with this blog post then shall we.

Since June I have started a brand new project on my channel, which is called Memory Box, it is a project that highlights the best bits of my month and is a great way for me to share and remember the important moments. I have recently uploaded the August edition of Memory Box, and it has been my favourite one to film. I really enjoyed editing totally differently then the one before. I was inspired to do this new project all because I was watching Sammy Pauls project on his side channel called PMS (Pretentious MonthlyScrapbook) much like mine he compiles the best bits of his month and each one is very different. I was quite repetitive on how I edited June and July but I want to now make each one as unique as possible. This project gives me an opportunity to vlog a lot more as well, as I don’t think I would feel the need to do so as much without it. This project will carry on until December; I may carry it on in 2015 not really made a decision on it just yet. I will keep you guys posted on my decision soon.

So since I started a new project and I am actually enjoying it, I am always thinking of ways to improve my channel. Something that a lot of successful YouTubers do is collaborating and it is something I want to do more of on my channel. I am going to see a YouTube friend of mine next week and we want to film a video together, which is rather exciting. I would love to film a few videos together when we do meet, maybe a more conversational video and maybe a silly challenge one together. Hopefully we can do more collaborating in the near future and I would love to collaborate with more people as well. In terms of other projects apart from that I have always wanted to start making conversational videos.  So for example, I would pick a topic and then ask people on their opinions, it necessarily does not have to be someone with a YouTube channel it could be with friends or family (those who are okay with being filmed) I see a lot of these conversational videos and they are always really interesting and I always seem to want to make a video after watching them. I tend to discuss all manor of things either with friends or family so I could simply place a camera in front of us and it could make for some great content.

The last time I made a post like this was way back in February and I had a look at the post and I had 58 subscribes when I wrote it and I am so proud of how quickly my channel has grown. My goal this year was to get 100 subscribers and I managed to surpass that a couple of months ago and I now have 261. So my brand new goal for this year is to get 300 subscribers this would really make me so happy. Along the way I have made a few more YouTube friends which, is so awesome and hopefully soon you will see me collaborating with them.

That is it for the YouTube catch up blog post; I hope you guys enjoyed reading this. I will aim to write a catch up blog post maybe every 6 months so that you get a whole bundle of information about new projects and other things. Links to where you can find me on social media are in the giant banner at the top of the page. Come follow me and say hello because I always reply =]


Love Akika xxxx

You May Also Like

0 comments