Typography January

by - 12:01

So after not posting a Typography post in December, I am back with a brand spanking new one this month. As always I attached images of each piece and also added a picture of the pens I used. This month was all about uppercase letters; I found some awesome ones on Pinterest.

This one was a tad tricky to do actually, when I tested this uppercase out first, I got the shadowing outlines all wonky. I was glad I had a little practice because it turned out really well; I used the Pigma Micron 08 pen to outline then filled it in with the Paper Mate black flair pen. I shaded the shadows with a 2B pencil. I love the fact that if you look at this image from a distance, it kind of looks 3D which I was really happy out, this is a first for me with doing some shadowing but I really enjoyed it and hopefully I will be doing it a lot more.


This proved a little tricky again; when I tested this uppercase out I actually found doing the corner curves hard. I love a challenge with typography a lot more lately, helps me to improve my skill that bit more. I used the Pigma Micron 08 pen to outline and then filled it in with the Paper Mate black flair pen. I also shaded the shadows with a 2B pencil. This piece looks great from a distance as well. It took a lot longer to fill in, as it was a thicker uppercase.


I tried my hardest with this one; I actually practiced this one a lot more then the others, as I was so attracted at the complicated look of this typeface. It is rather easy to draw but it looks more interesting to the eye more than anything. I only used the Pigma Micron 08 pen to draw this one. Simple but rather quirky, I really want to find more weird typefaces and maybe doing a Typography post only about them. Let me know what you think.


I am fascinated by the different forms of the punctuation & as it looks great when done properly. I had to give this one several goes before posting the best one. I may even just do a blog post about them. In order to achieve this effect I used the Pigma Micron 08 pen to outline then the Paper Mate black flair pen to fill it in. I really think this alone looks great, if you added similar typography next to it I reckon that would look awesome as well. I will be featuring these more in a few more typography posts.


So that's it for another Typography post, I love doing these, as there are endless variations of posts for them. I mentioned a few ideas above; I may even try doing one solely about logos. Who knows I have awesome plans for my Typography posts this year; I may start to show you the original ones side by side to mine. Let me know what you think by tweeting me. See you on the next post.

Love Akika
xxxx 

You May Also Like

0 comments