Recent Shopping Trip

by - 12:44

I love a good shopping trip, and I wanted to start a new style of blog post here on my blogspot, so when I go on a shopping trip I will let you guys know what I got and what my opinion is on it. Sort of like a Favourites post.

I was after some new shades of lipstick, so I headed to YouTube to watch some make up recommendations and I usually find myself watching a Zoella video. I have noticed I am now more inclined to buy something if someone recommends it. So I went to Boots and got the Kate Moss Lipsticks from Rimmel London in shades 110 and 107, 107 being the darker shade and 110 being the lighter shade. I have always loved the Kate Moss collection from Rimmel London because; they feel so nice and last all day. A while ago I wanted to start wearing lipstick and then gave the Kate Moss collection from Rimmel London a go and have never looked back on it. I really recommend getting them if you are trying out lipstick for the first time. I love the price for them as well; you get a great quality lipstick for £5.49.



In the same Zoella video I saw she recommended a peach coloured lipstick, now my lipstick collection is either pink or different shades of red, so this was a different shade but I was intrigued with how the shade would look. This shade is from Revlon and is called Tutti Frutti, exactly the same smoothness as the Rimmel London ones, it feels super balmy on your lips and is a really subtle colour and lasts all day as well. Only at £7.99 I was very impressed by the price and I am in love with this colour a lot, so if you want to change up your lipstick colour then I recommend it.


I really needed an eyebrow pencil sharpener as I recently have started using an eyebrow pencil. So I was not after a very expensive one so I just got the Boots one for £2.00 and it works really well, sometimes when you get cheap sharpeners they don’t the job at all, but was very happy with this essential purchase.


Now onto hair bits, I usually don’t use many hair care products I just simply shampoo and condition my hair. A while ago I started using the Vo5 Heat Protect Styling Spray, I stopped using it, as I was being far too lazy. Now I have started using it again and have noticed a huge difference with my hair, bare in mind my hair is thick so it takes around 15 minutes to dry my hair. This spray just makes your hair smoother and it has a lovely scent to it, I just apply this to my wet hair after I have a shower and then dry my hair and get a great result. I really recommend this if you are looking for a spray that keeps even the thickest of hair smooth and light. Only paid £3.69 for a 200ml bottle at Boots and it definitely is great value for money.


I don’t usually do much else with my hair, but since my hair is shorter now I want to experiment with different styles with my hair. So I bought some L’oreal Salt Spray, and I am yet to use it as I was sort of clueless on how to use it, but I searched YouTube and found a decent tutorial. I want to try the beach hair style look so next time I curl my hair I will give this spray a go and see where it takes me. You have to work this spray into your hair and just generally go for the messy hair look. I will do a blog post when I actually try out this spray but I got this from Tesco at £3.50 and yes it is a small bottle but I don’t tend to use a lot so it was a perfect size for me.


Moving onto home stuff now and I am always on the look out for new pillows for my bed because I aspire to have a bed with about 20 pillows that make my bed look awesome. So I headed to Cargo Home Shop and had a look around and found this beautiful blue-buttoned cushion, I have a lot of pink cushions in my room but always love a little pop of colour, I only spent £9.60 on it and I was very happy with it. It is super soft and I was not 100% with the material at first but it is very comfy to lean against. I bought another item in Cargo Home Shop and got this gorgeous glass candle holder, it now sits in my en-suite on my window sill and I want to add some pebbles in the bottom and add a small tea light to it, but I only paid £3.74 for it and thought that was a bargain price for it. I am sort of obsessed with candles at the moment and this is on the larger side of my candle holders, this could be great if you wanted to have a BBQ and you could easily put it outside in the garden. 



Lastly onto fashion bits, I really do not have nice summer style cardigans and was after anything colourful and bright that might go with a pair of shorts and a tank top or a cute dress. So I headed to New Look and found these two cardigans, the first one, which I have been wearing a lot lately, is the longer one with the lace style pattern on the bottom. This one is very soft and I like the darker colour on it as it goes with a lot of lighter coloured dresses I have. The other one has a very gorgeous bottom pattern, it is very soft like the other one and the length is shorter and the material is slighter thinner but I love the pattern on this one the most. I paid £24.99 for both of them and I reckon I will be wearing these a lot over the next couple of weeks.



Well I hope you guys enjoyed reading this weeks blog post, let me know if you want to see more of these type of blog posts. I will see you on the next blog post.


Love Akika xxxx

You May Also Like

0 comments