Travel Related Apps

by - 10:57

This is a new style of blog post to my blog and it is something you will be seeing a lot more of over the next couple of months. I love technology and spend several hours on my phone and use a number of different apps for different uses. So I want to from now on give you my review on particular apps, whether that maybe travel related apps or photo related apps I will give you guys my honest opinion on them.

This blog post is all about Travel related apps. I spend a lot of time on public transport whether that is for work or for pleasure. I have several apps on my phone, which I tend to use for this type of purpose. I travel into London on a train and a lot of the time I need to work out when I need to be somewhere so I use the National Rail app. It is the most useful travel app I have on my phone. I tend to use it to check what time my train gets into my home station, the great function on this app is that you can add your home station so you can constantly check when trains leave that station. If you tend to take the same journey a lot it remembers what stations you visit the most so you can easily check train times. A function on the app which I do not tend to use but will come in handy if you are lost is the Get Me Home button, based on GPS it helps you get back to your home station which you entered into the app. So if you find yourself lost at any point this may come in handy. If you live in the UK and find yourself taking transport and like to be told easily about train times then this app is the best one out there. This is the official National Rail app, so everything on the app is always up to date and accurate.


Even though I live in London I am sometimes really bad with the tube, meaning I need help navigating around London. Most of the time I know where I need to go but need to work out how long it takes so I use the Tube Map app, since there is not an official TFL app available on the app store, this is best replica. They recently updated the app and it works a lot better then it used to, you can tap on the station you want to start from then you tap on the route button to select your destination. It tells you how long it takes, how many stations and the amount of changes you need to make. It clearly tells you which line and station you need to change at. You can see what the lines look like in terms of delays, which can be handy, if you need to check for engineering work. This is great if you go out in London a lot but need to know how to get somewhere fast. I find it super useful every time when I am in London. I recommend this app for those who want to know in advance about your journey or if you are lost in London and need a little bit of help.


I tend to use the bus when I get back from London and do not feel like walking, the only thing I find annoying is that you cannot always know when your bus is coming. So I came across the app whilst waiting for my bus, someone was checking bus times on their phone and had this app, which is called Bus Times. I talked about this app in a video; I have found this app to be a true-life saver in split second decisions. This app works via GPS signal, you turn it on and it searches for the bus stops close by, and gives you a list of buses that leave that stop and real time estimations. You just need to tap the refresh button on the app and it will pick up the local bus stops and it will give you times for the buses that leave that stop. It does give you the facility of checking the times of a bus stop even if you are not at the stop, so if you are on the train and want to check the times you can do that. It is slightly more irritating as you need to know the name of that stop, so if you remember that then it helps, but you can select favourite bus stops so that helps out a lot more rather then searching for it. I do recommend getting this app if you live in London as this only works for London buses I believe. I like the option of checking my Oyster card balance as well, as this is the only app that has the facility. Just to see your balance can be really handy before a journey.


So this is my first travel related app review, I hope you like these kinds of blog posts, as I love technology and sharing my recommendations with you it is a lot of fun for me. Let me know what kind of apps you would like me to review on my Twitter or Tumblr. As I love hearing from you guys. So thank you for reading this blog post and see you on the next one.

Love Akika

xxxx

You May Also Like

0 comments