Camden Market Finds

by - 11:01

So I took a trip to Camden on Bank Holiday Monday, I have not been since last year. I always love going there; they have awesome shops and some great places to eat for cheap. I thought I would write a blog post about what I bought there and just some general tips when going shopping in Camden.

I had some sort of an idea of what I wanted to find in Camden. I was looking for something quirky and something vintage. Camden has a couple of awesome Vintage shops, which are worth going to. When I get to Camden I walk along the road where the large main market stalls are. I tend to start looking for things when I get over the canal bridge and then you arrive at the food stalls. Walk past those to get to the other market stalls, I tend to wonder a lot and then see if there is anything I really want. When I go to Camden, I need to look around and then tend to go back to the shop I was looking at in the first place because I think shopping around does help.

My first item I bought that day was this blue and white-stripped shirt; I am always on the look out for smart things to wear. It works well for casual or a work outfit. I found this in the market stalls near the food market. This shirt would look awesome with leggings or trousers; I would wear a white tank top underneath, as it is very see through. I cannot remember exactly how much it was but it was in the bracket of £15 - £25 and was worth the price.

 


My second and third item I bought that day are both from my favourite vintage shop in Camden, they are on the left side of the road, right by the horses stable. There is another food market on that side and they are right by that. I bought this red and green oversized flannel shirt there and this chequered shirt from them. I love flannel shirts, this shirt would be awesome with a tank top and some skinny jeans or shorts and tights with some trainers or boots. I think this shirt is for a male but I do not have an oversized flannel shirt and I am always on the look out for one. It was around £20-£25 so rather reasonably priced I reckon. The next item I got was the chequered shirt, I loved the odd shape of it and I just thought it could be rather cool with a chunky cardigan and some skinny jeans or leggings. This shirt was only £5 so I thought it was perfect. I love peculiar tops and this just really stood out for me.





My last item of the day was the 3D sign, I am on the look out for things to put in my room and this was something I was looking for. These signs are not really vintage but, I like the look of them and they are so cute. You can get all different kinds of sizes from post card size to larger than A3. I bought this in the right hand size of Camden Market. I walked into it when I first got there but was not sure if it was something I wanted to get. The shop has a lot more variety of designs to choose from so take your time and look around. I got it for £24.99, I think it was a fair price to pay but I think it was worth it. I am yet to put it up but I might put it up behind my bed.




When shopping in Camden I would take your time there, I went in the late afternoon on the bank holiday Monday and arrived around 14:00 and started shopping straight away and was there until 16:45. Every stall is in walking distance and there are so many that it is always good to allow plenty of time to shop. The markets are very busy on the weekend and very busy on bank holiday weekends. Shopping in Camden is very cheap and sometimes you can haggle, I am always afraid to haggle but if you are not fearless then go for it. I know a lot of people prefer to pay with card, some shops do this but I would carry cash with you as well, it is easier to pay for food and paying for clothes in some market stalls with cash. Free Cash Machines are available in the market but there are only two and they tend to have a long queue, so I suggest going to Barclays, which is opposite Camden Town tube station. Eating in Camden is super cheap and it is always really tasty, you can choose from Italian to Chinese food. Sitting down to eat can be a bit of a pain, but beware that around 13:00 everyone gets food, so be patient with finding a place to sit. I recommend having a cup of lemonade, most stalls offer it at £1.50 for a small cup and you get to fill it up yourself so top it up to the top and get your moneys worth. It is delicious and great to have when you are tired of walking around the market. I have been to Camden when it has been sunny and it is raining, so I suggest going prepared to be honest. Unfortunately it started raining there but I was prepared and it makes it less of a hassle. There is a mixture of shops in Camden; you get the tourist shops, market stalls and vintage shops. A lot of the vintage shops are sort of scattered; the main ones are outside the horse’s stables. The market stalls are everywhere and a lot of the markets sell the same clothes. This mainly applies to those who sell the white basic tank tops with designs on. Tourist shops are everywhere to, they tend to sell things that tourists look for, souvenirs and such. Everyone in Camden is very friendly and you can take your time in shops, I never feel rushed to get out of the shop. So if you like taking your time to find a bargain then you are in luck. When you shop you may end up getting a few things so sometimes brining a big bag with you might be a good idea.

I hope that helps anyone who is thinking of going to Camden for the first time. I enjoyed writing this blog post and will write another one that will come out next week for everyone. Thanks for reading this blog post and let me know on my Twitter if you went and what were your thoughts.

xxxx

You May Also Like

0 comments