Dear Past Me

by - 16:10

 

It's been a while since I wrote anything on this blog, I mean I vouched to always keep this blog live even if I didn't write anymore. More so if people came to see this content here and found something intriguing then it would be nice.

The reason why I am writing again is that 5 years ago I wrote a blog post called Dear Future Me, where I wrote about my life and what I was hoping would happen. I felt it was only right to respond to that old blog post and write a different version and call it Dear Past Me.

Oh past me, how much your career has changed in the space of 5 years. We started off wanting to pursue a career in advertising and now we work in social media. I don't need to spell out my CV to you who are reading this, but I think 5 years of numerous different jobs in social media have now lead me to the dream job I was always looking for. I work with some amazing people, and can't wait for the lockdown to be over so I can actually work in the same place as them. I felt like I had my fair share of good and bad experiences with work, but they all taught me some valuable lessons. I feel like Goldilocks really, tried out a lot of places and finally found somewhere, I'm proud to work, I'm excited and happy to work. Which is something I never thought I would say!

Now that I've had at least 5 years of saving up of my money, and my fair share of jobs, I can finally say I'm actually closer to purchasing a house rather than needing to rent. Which really does shock me, even when I wasn't getting paid much, I just saved and it's done a whole load of good. So I can probably estimate that early next year I can buy a house. Which actually feels with me with so much joy, but I wouldn't have been able to do that if it wasn't for my combined income with someone in my life. Yes! That is a very lame segue into relationships, and honestly, segues into something was never your thing by the way.

5 years ago I was hopeless at finding a man, I just had the worst luck. But shortly after I wrote my blog post, I was, unfortunately, let go from my job and my family encouraged me to go to my best friends graduation in Scotland. I was introduced to a guy who I had seen some pics on Facebook of and wasn't convinced. After a lot of persuasion from my friend, I went to graduation and met my current long term boyfriend of 4 and a half years. Honestly, he has been there through some hard and some amazing times in my life, I have never ever felt love as strong as I have with my man. He walked into my life when I needed it the most. We've gone to the most amazing places, he has helped create new memories in some really dark places in my past, as if by magic those bad memories just fizzled away like a Marvel character in Infinity War. I'm so glad we are in each other's lives, I'm finally relationship-wise happy and content. I could go on but I would need to write a bloody whole series on our relationship.

Lastly, I talked about YouTube, right here is the problem I have with creating YouTube content now.
Every time I had the time and no job, I put my energy into doing some creative like making YouTube videos. Now that I have a full-time job, I honestly don't want to sit down at my desk and edit videos. My channel is well and truly struggled over the 5 years, I lost my Adsense lol like I was earning, but I just felt like I wasn't succeeding at all. YouTube is something I might one day get back into and find my feet with, it's always gonna be hard. I don't think I ever saw an end goal with it, I did at one point enjoy making that content at the end of the week after working. I kind of love the content I make for work and right now that fills me with better joy. I've actually really been enjoying making more Instagram content and I'm curious to make more content on there and see where things go.

So let me do something a little different this time to finish this one-off. I hope that in 5 years time, to begin with, I'm happy, healthy and fulfilled in my job, love life and home life.

1. That I create some amazing content and take their social media channels to the next level at my current job which is at TouchNote.
2. That whatever flat or house you are in, you love it! You've got a home with enough room for improvement but it's not too much of a struggle.
3. That you get married and god knows to have a kid with my man?
4. That you find a new niche hobby that keeps you happy, just like YouTube did. Maybe it's Instagram, maybe it's TikTok who knows.

Right, that's it probably for another post on here. I'll be back hopefully in 5 years time to respond. Hope you enjoyed this, see you soon all.

You May Also Like

0 comments